Acrylic has made an excellent Mac or iPhone password storage tool: Wallet
Just when I thought I was done, I found a great desktop app for password storage. The catch? Its only for a Mac or iPhone… (Sorry PC users, you’ll have to stick with Mitto.com or alternatives).
If you aren’t a PC user, Wallet presents a really nice interface for secure password storage on your Mac or iPhone.
Cost: $20 for Mac $4.99 for iPhone App
Compatibility: Mac OS X or iPhone
- Can sync with your mobileme account
- Simple, user friendly
- Search feature, alphabetizes entries, custom folders and icons
- You can export for CSV to print or to a database to import elsewhere
- Password generator
- As opposed to an online version, you won ‘t have easy access to your logins if you don’t have an iPhone and aren’t near your computer.
- Slightly hard to figure out how to delete entries
- I wish I could copy the passwords directly without having to open up an entry
This is it, this is the tool for me!