Its everywhere you turn, on every newspaper, on countless blogs, in every book store. The drastic changes that have happened to our financial system and our economy can be pointed at many reasons including excessive debt by consumers and government, greed, separation of the wealthy and poor, and the dollar not being tied to gold back in the ’70s. Whatever the reasons, its more imperative now than ever for every person in the US to take control of their own future, to get more educated and make sure they are making active decisions, intentional decisions, not just following along the patterns of the societal norm.
It won’t necessarily be doomsday if you do not wake up as I have. However, your financial education is a key factor in ensuring the strength of your family and your future, certainly your 401k and your government aren’t anything to rely on.
- I’m thankful for my family, my daughter, my friends and those people in my life that support and help shape my future
- I’m thankful that I still have some equity in my home, when I read yesterday that 1 in 4 Americans owe more on their home than their house is worth
- I’m thankful that I have the desire and passion to learn and improve my life
- I’m thankful that I have been given many resources, the education and upbringing that I have had to allow me to be where I am now
- Even though I get the strong sense that tomorrow may present such frightening futures as global warming disasters, economic and political disasters, and a truly different norm than what we have know in America for so many years, I feel that I have the strength, passion, ethics and willingness to be proud of the life that I lead.
What are you thankful for?